Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary

To this blog! Updates are so few and far between that I almost feel bad. Life has been kinda crazy though. Let's start by saying that this summer was pretty much fantastic. I worked at a camp this summer, and my very first day I felt that no one could be more illsuited to the job. I felt that I was 100% out of place, that I didn't belong there.I soon found that that wasn't the case. I was welcome with open arms, and I've had life changing experiences involving people I hadn't known for more than a week. I was able to connect with kids who had no idea where I was coming from before this, and were so completely ingrossed in everything I and the other staff had to say by the end. Its mindboggling, the effect you have on a kid as a camp counselor. Its frightening, and exciting, and a million other emotions, all at once.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I probably don't need to say that that's Ghandi speaking. Its a quote that doesn't need an explaination. You want to see something change? Then change it. It doesn't have to be something huge, because even just makng one person's day better is huge.

My dream is go on a trip with Free The Children. My daily life consists of living my life, and trying to find a way to make this dream happen, while making the small things count.

Song of the Day- Kings and Queens- 30 Seconds To Mars

No comments: